THE CLE’S STATISTICS
Since the origin of CLE, in 2008, some data were collected about the number of students enrolled, their countries of origin, the success rate of their educational path, and their employment prospects after graduation. These collected and organized data allow us to have an understanding of the characteristic features of CLE, the objectives it sets and the results achieved.
CLE: a worldwide diffusion
One of the fundamental characteristics of CLE is its wide spread: since from its origins 58 countries all over the world are represented on a total of 254 enrolled students. Such a vast provenance is proof of the highly multicultural character of the CLE, throught by students from all over the world have the opportunity to share experiences, exchange ideas and get to know each other.
(fig.1) Countries of origin of CLE students (2008-2018)
THE CLE: a successful Education Program
The CLE is a two-year course of Master's studies characterized by a full-time commitment by the student that must be completed by the end of July in the second year to obtain the Erasmus Mundus multiple degree. In addition to an educational plan composed by lessons in the consortium languages, there are other activities like seminars, conferences, workshops, which complete the training. As you can see from the graph (fig.2), 94% of the students get their diploma against 6% of the members who drop out during the first academic year.
(Fig.2) Percentage of completion of the CLE diploma (2008-2018)
Each year the Erasmus Mundus CLE allocates some scholarships to a ranking of the most deserving candidates distributed as shown in the following graph (fig.3).
(Fig.3) Distribution of Erasmus Mundus Master CLE scholarships (2008-2018)
Employment opportunities for CLE: Humanities and the job market
The European Commission has established through the ESCO office a European classification of skills / competences, qualifications and occupations. Thanks to this conceptual tool we could analyse the professional profiles covered by the CLE Alumni. These are currently used in a wide variety of sectors, exploiting multiple skills. At a rate of 52% that includes the CLE Alumni oriented towards teaching and research, a remaining 48% is equally distributed over various sectors.
(Fig. 4) Employment openings ALUMNI CLE (2008-2018)
By observing the graph you can see how the percentage of the Alumni who do not follow a path of teaching and research are not the result of a simple "change of trajectory" but rather represent a reasoned choice of the CLE Alumni that use the training of the course as a basis of humanistic culture to build a work path different from that of teaching and research. It is also interesting to observe how Alumni can built some multicultural and multitasking professional profile which allows them to find a job in a liquid and dynamic world throught a wide variety of selected sectors ranging from management to mediation, from IT to languages.
These reflections allowed us to launch the H.E.A.D. Project which aims to analyze the relationship between the human sciences and the world of work.
The CLE program finances the mobility of visiting Scholars interested in a period of activity within the Master Course. Over the years, 26 scholars coming from various countries have beneficiated of this mobility (fig.5) that not only contributes to enriching the program through new teaching and research perspectives, but also allows incentives for the CLE contact network.
(Fig. 5) Scholars (2008-2018)